Second assignment is out


As promised here you have the second assignment work that deals with UDP network programming. As in the first assignment, it is a client/server application. Again you have to program a small server that receives files from the client and writes them down to disk.

I have chosen an "invented" protocol as there are lots of Java code out there for many standard protocols (including TFTP). The good news is that I tried to keep it as simple as possible. The bad news is that my skills at writing the protocol specification are not on par with a good RFC. As usual, feel free to ask me any question you may have about the assignment.

Although I know you can copy and paste the client's source code from the PDF file, you can also find the source code file here.

No comments: