CodeJam2010

Maybe timing is not right, but if you want to test your programming skills against other talented people you may want to register for Google's programming contest CodeJam 2010. It's fun (if you like programming challenges) and you'll realize how much you need to learn.

I usually join the contest and I am kick out very soon. Java is among the programming languages accepted. There are many sample problems you can attempt to test your skills before the contest begins. Those of you making it to Round 2 can claim an extra 10% mark.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I registered, but I am not sure if I'll have the time. See you on the battlefield :-)

misan said...

Hi Andrew,

Good to hear from you!!!

Me too, it's fun but we try to have a life too :-)

Cheers,

Miguel

Unknown said...

Hi Miguel,

I had a busy day and I could only start the qualifications an hour and a half before the deadline. I managed to solve snapper and theme_park within the time limit, and solved the fair_warning problem after the time limit.

It's the first time I ever participated in a programming contest and I feel quiet happy with my solutions. I've put them online on github.

How did you do?

Regards,
Andrew